- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister AP - 2 hours 25 minutes ago
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — The state medical examiner's office has revised the death toll from a tornado in an Oklahoma City suburb to 24 people, including nine children.
“Disasters such as the Oklahoma tornadoes can cause fear, anxiety and stress in children, which can last long after the initial impact," said Carolyn Miles, president and CEO for Save the Children.
- Obama on Oklahoma Tornado: Country Will Be 'There for Them' The Wrap - 1 hour 40 minutes ago
- More tornadoes from global warming? Nobody knows AP - 1 hour 36 minutes ago
A deadly tornado hit suburban Oklahoma City on Monday. A quick look at some basic facts:
- Extreme Solar Storm Could Cause Widespread Disruptions on Earth SPACE.com - 4 hours ago
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids AP - 2 hours 16 minutes ago
SHAWNEE, Okla. (AP) — When Lindsay Carter heard on the radio that a violent storm was approaching her rural Oklahoma neighborhood, she gathered her belongings and fled. When she returned, there was little left of the community Carter had called home.
A psychological warfare program centered on vomit could help save the marbled murrelet, an endangered seabird that nests in California's old-growth redwood forests.
Whether or not NASA's Kepler spacecraft can bounce back from the malfunction that has stalled its search for alien planets, the mission's place in history is assured, scientists say.
A new stem cell discovery has reawakened controversy about human cloning — though technical challenges mean scientists are far from being able to create human babies as in Michael Bay's 2005 sci-fi flick "The Island."