- Why Was the Moore, Okla., Tornado So Severe? LiveScience.com - 1 hour 47 minutes ago
A monstrous tornado that ripped through Oklahoma Monday (May 20) piling cars on top of one another, demolishing an elementary school and killing several adults and children, … More »Why Was the Moore, Okla., Tornado So Severe?
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister AP - 2 hours 52 minutes ago
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — The state medical examiner's office has revised the death toll from a tornado in an Oklahoma City suburb to 24 people, including nine children.
- Oklahoma officials say 24, not 51, bodies found after massive tornado Reuters - 5 hours ago
- Tips to Help Children Cope with Oklahoma Tornado Devastation Business Wire - 4 hours ago
“Disasters such as the Oklahoma tornadoes can cause fear, anxiety and stress in children, which can last long after the initial impact," said Carolyn Miles, president and CEO for Save the Children.
- More tornadoes from global warming? Nobody knows AP - 2 hours 3 minutes ago
A deadly tornado hit suburban Oklahoma City on Monday. A quick look at some basic facts:
- More tornadoes in forecast for central US Tuesday AP - 7 hours ago
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids AP - 2 hours 43 minutes ago
SHAWNEE, Okla. (AP) — When Lindsay Carter heard on the radio that a violent storm was approaching her rural Oklahoma neighborhood, she gathered her belongings and fled. When she returned, there was little left of the community Carter had called home.
A psychological warfare program centered on vomit could help save the marbled murrelet, an endangered seabird that nests in California's old-growth redwood forests.
Whether or not NASA's Kepler spacecraft can bounce back from the malfunction that has stalled its search for alien planets, the mission's place in history is assured, scientists say.
A new stem cell discovery has reawakened controversy about human cloning — though technical challenges mean scientists are far from being able to create human babies as in Michael Bay's 2005 sci-fi flick "The Island."
- Calif. fire crews work to douse 2 blazes AP - Fri, May 17, 2013 11:05 PM EDT
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (AP) — As firefighters took on a stubborn 3-day-old wildfire Friday in rough terrain north of Los Angeles, a second and more serious blaze broke … More »Calif. fire crews work to douse 2 blazes
SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (AP) — As firefighters took on a stubborn 3-day-old wildfire Friday in rough terrain north of Los Angeles, a second and more serious blaze broke out 30 miles away near Interstate 5, quickly surging to more than 500 acres, briefly threatening an elementary school and leading to the precautionary evacuation …