- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister AP - 1 hour 29 minutes ago
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — The state medical examiner's office has revised the death toll from a tornado in an Oklahoma City suburb to 24 people, including nine children.
- Tips to Help Children Cope with Oklahoma Tornado Devastation Business Wire - 2 hours 45 minutes ago
“Disasters such as the Oklahoma tornadoes can cause fear, anxiety and stress in children, which can last long after the initial impact," said Carolyn Miles, president and CEO for Save the Children.
- Obama on Oklahoma Tornado: Country Will Be 'There for Them' The Wrap - 44 minutes ago
- More tornadoes from global warming? Nobody knows AP - 40 minutes ago
A deadly tornado hit suburban Oklahoma City on Monday. A quick look at some basic facts:
WASHINGTON — If an extreme solar storm aimed at the Earth hits in just the right way, it could put interconnected electrical grids around the world at serious risk, experts say.
- In tornado's wake, worried parents seek out kids AP - 1 hour 20 minutes ago
- AP photographer describes destroyed Okla. school AP - 4 hours ago
SHAWNEE, Okla. (AP) — When Lindsay Carter heard on the radio that a violent storm was approaching her rural Oklahoma neighborhood, she gathered her belongings and fled. When she returned, there was little left of the community Carter had called home.
A psychological warfare program centered on vomit could help save the marbled murrelet, an endangered seabird that nests in California's old-growth redwood forests.
Whether or not NASA's Kepler spacecraft can bounce back from the malfunction that has stalled its search for alien planets, the mission's place in history is assured, scientists say.
A new stem cell discovery has reawakened controversy about human cloning — though technical challenges mean scientists are far from being able to create human babies as in Michael Bay's 2005 sci-fi flick "The Island."
- Invasive Ladybug Thanks Its Parasite for Competitive Advantage Scientific American - Fri, May 17, 2013 3:28 PM EDT
Harlequin ladybirds carry a parasite that does not kill them--but does kill other ladybug species that attempt to eat the harlequin progeny. Sophie Bushwick reports More »Invasive Ladybug Thanks Its Parasite for Competitive Advantage
Harlequin ladybirds carry a parasite that does not kill them--but does kill other ladybug species that attempt to eat the harlequin progeny. Sophie Bushwick reports
- All missing residents accounted for after Texas tornadoes Reuters - Fri, May 17, 2013 2:41 PM EDT
By Jana J. Pruet GRANBURY, Texas (Reuters) - All seven of the people listed missing after a monster tornado on Wednesday have now been accounted for in Granbury, Texas, … More »All missing residents accounted for after Texas tornadoes
By Jana J. Pruet GRANBURY, Texas (Reuters) - All seven of the people listed missing after a monster tornado on Wednesday have now been accounted for in Granbury, Texas, leaving the death toll at six, authorities said on Friday. Workers were clearing debris to allow residents of the most damaged areas to return to see the …